The 2500 Series Decorative Trim is 2” (50.8mm) wide. This Decorative Trim can be used in vehicles, furniture and interior design projects. It comes with a 3M Acrylic Foam Tape for easy, quick installation.
The 2500 Series is made of PVC and is available in black and in two different textures: smooth or embossed.
Other colors are available on orders over 8,000 ft. Contact us for more information.
• Vehicle Fenders
• Spas and Hot Tubs
• Unfinished Edges
Do not stretch molding while installing.
1. Temperature of installation surface area and moldings must be at least 20°C (70°F).
2. Always cut moldings from the chrome side downward.
3. To cut, use anvil type shears (Ronan blade cutter is ideal).
4. Clean area thoroughly with a non-oily general purpose wax and grease remover – 3M general purpose cleaner followed by isopropyl alcohol is preferred.
5. Do not touch or contaminate adhesive once liner is removed.
6. Apply moldings on a flat surface only – not on a ridge.
1. Apply a masking tape guide line to the area molding will be applied. Do not apply masking to a freshly painted surface.
2. Clean area above masking tape guide using a general purpose cleaner followed by isopropyl alcohol. Use a clean lint free cloth.
3. Remove 8”-10” of adhesive protective liner at a time and apply molding using a rolling motion. Check molding clearance with all doors by opening each carefully. Once the molding is fixed to the car it should not be removed.
4. Using firm pressure (20-30lbs) rub molding in place with a molding roller (preferred) or a cloth to pressurize adhesive and ensure a maximum bond. Press hard with a blunt object on all ends to ensure permanent adhesion.
Do not expose to heat above 93°C (200°F). Trimco is not responsible for damage to painted surfaces caused by masking tape or molding application or removal.
Chrome moldings feature a permanent, clear PVC top coating that protects the bright finish from weathering. To ensure maximum molding life and to validate warranty, all cut ends must be sealed with a clear acrylic end sealer.